Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How Amanda Styles Doc Martens (Part Three)

Hello! This is my final post on how I like to style my Doc Marten boots. You can check out some of our other posts here, here, here, and here.


Ta-Da! These are my old and faithful purple Docs. They were my first pair, and one of my more scary purchases at the time - they were so out of my usual comfort zone (I know, I'm a boring person), but so awesome at the same time! You can definitely tell they've suffered through a few too many winter days, to the point where the colour is starting to go where the leather bends naturally. Here comes my public service message of the day: Take care of your shoes people - name them, cherish them, love them!



























I've probably said this before, but I love the combination of really girly pieces with stronger, chunkier elements. It makes me feel like a lady, but still scary enough so people won't talk to me on the subway. Yesterday, I had to explain the basics of my psych thesis (large research project) to an old lady who kept reading my notes over my shoulder and asking me questions. I blame the inviting skirt and riding boots I was wearing.

Enter today's outfit, including this
lovely floral dress from Material Girl by Madonna. I surprisingly love a lot of her pieces, they're fun and on-trend, while still pretty affordable (for that sad day where spikes and chambray shirts are no longer relevant). Paired with this thrifted cardigan and knit beanie from H&M and it was a simple, pretty neutral outfit for the week.

For all those dealing with college/university finals, stay strong. Drink coffee. Eat cookies. Really try to get some sleep. Hit the books. Or blog about your outfits on the Internet instead. Whatever works.

Love,
Amanda 


Outfit Details:

Beanie - H&M
Black Cardigan - Thrifted
Floral Dress - The Bay (Material Girl by Madonna)
Black Leggings - Forever 21
Doc Martens - Soft Moc (from 2010?)


I believe the intended caption for this photo was: "Oh wow, look at this really neat boots that I'm wearing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment